Planning Specialist, Wealth Advisory Group (Chicago, Florida, Philadelphia or New England Territory)
Job Description: Mercury Financial Group is seeking a life insurance sales/financial services professional to become part of our expanding sales team. This person is responsible for increasing the sales of products primarily through financial advisors located in wirehouses, banks, RIA’s, CPAs and estate planning attorneys. This role includes some wholesaling activities but primarily “point of sale” activities with a clear emphasis on client facing meetings together with the advisor.
- Promote life insurance sales through your efforts in working with financial advisors of wirehouse firms, regional broker/dealers, independent broker/dealers, banks, RIA’s, as well as independent brokers, Certified Public Accounts, attorneys.
- Provide support to advisors in a variety of ways including, but not limited to: point-of-sale assistance with the client, conference calls with the client and advisor, meetings with the legal and/or tax advisors, conference calls with the other advisors and backup support to financial advisors.
- Provide necessary marketing support to the financial advisors and firms including, but not limited to: illustration support, case design, planning design sharing of planning strategies, holding branch meetings or other type meetings with the intent of sharing a sales idea(s), and providing case status, providing continuing education type meetings when needed.
- Meeting financial advisors, be it one-on-one or in a group setting, to promote life insurance-related sales ideas.
- Making phone calls to existing financial advisor relationships, as well as new advisors, with the intent of developing new business.
- Attending firm-related or firm-sponsored meetings with the intent of developing new relationships and subsequently new business.
- Keeping financial advisors apprised of case status while their cases are being underwritten. This would include such things as: underwriting updates, status on the work the legal advisors are providing and other items related to the cases at hand.
- Providing regular reports to Mercury Financial Group and/or to the firms on your activities and “your pipeline” of business. These reports should include such things as: the involved advisor, the client name if necessary, the size of the case in premium, the type of case and the branch and firm where the broker is located.
- Meetings with branch managers and other people in similar type positions to drive and develop new business and relationships.
- Working with Mercury Financial Group’s corporate office on all pending business to ensure the communication flow is robust to/from the Planning Specialist and the case manager and internal. By doing so, the cases are underwritten as expeditiously as possible because all parties are on the same page as to the status of the case(s).
- Working with Mercury Financial Group’s sales desk to help in the design work of potential business and to leverage the time of the Planning Specialist through the use of the sales desk to handle all “back-office” related issues.
- Traveling to Mercury Financial Group sponsored meetings to participate and share and learn ideas with other Mercury Financial Group employees as well as discussing company-related matters.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of life insurance sales and/or planning experience required
- Thorough knowledge of advanced sales concepts and life insurance marketplace
- Strong presentation and seminar selling skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships effectively
- Able to work with other financial professionals on joint sales calls
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Life & Health license in all state within assigned region
- FINRA series 6, 7, 63 required
- Must live in assigned territory
- BA/BS degree required
- Professional designations (e.g. CFP, CLU, ChFC) preferred
- Verifiable U-4 and compliance record
Benefits & Compensation:
Mercury provides a full suite of benefits coupled with competitive industry compensation.
Notice to search firms
Mercury Financial Group is not accepting applications submitted by search firms. Recruiters are asked not to submit applications for this position or to contact any Mercury Financial Group employee about this position. All resumes and candidate contact information submitted via recruiters becomes the property of Mercury Financial Group. All candidates must submit their applications directly to be considered for this position.